Monday, July 4, 2011

Nursery Update

Since the bustle of baby preparation began, Jamie has been the far more frequent blogger in our house. Just kidding...she's been the only blogger in our house! Anyway, I thought that it would be nice if I participated in the blog too, since it's not just her initials up there...

Our babies' room is shaping up quite nicely (mostly thanks to Jamie), but I have picked out a few key things that I'm really pretty proud of. Here are nursery shots #1 and #2:

We bought the chair from Ashley Furniture from a nice lady who was super excited that we were having twins. It's already super soft and comfortable, but we're still working on breaking it in.

Repeat info here: I'm sooooo glad all that painting is done! It seemed like I would never stop painting. I was seeing that blue in my sleep.



After our crib saga, we finally have both of them; one is set up, and one is safely stored in the basement.


One of my favorite things in the nursery is the paintings. They were designed and painted just for us by Jeff Kapfer, a local artist who paints colorful birds.

In other news, we scrapped our other dresser because we decided it was too small. By 'scrapped' I mean moved it into our bedroom until we figure out what to do with it. We bought a new one this weekend with 6 drawers that is longer, and will hold more junk (no full picture - it's not that exciting - half of it is good enough).


Next up is the rug - one of the things that I picked!!! I think I did a really nice job. I really like the circles made of circles.



















AND while we're on things that I picked, the fabric for the crib skirts:
Jamie is going to make them ... get on that, honey.



















My crafty wifey has been pretty busy making things, including this mobile. It was really an effort to balance, but she did it! The key is to balance from the bottom up.
























That, my friends, is the nursery update! Stay tuned for finishing touches.
I might even blog again soon...whoa!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gaah ahh, I really CAN'T wait to see it!! It will be marv! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete