Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Words With Babies

We are very excited and proud of Nordoo. She has said her first word! She said BABY. My cousin came to town, and she has a dog who is named lily, but sometimes she calls lily Baby. And Nora caught onto that because Nora pointed to her and said "baby!" And then, that evening, we were looking at Nora's Christmas album from last year, her first Christmas, and she pointed to one of the babies in the book and said "baby!" We, of course, know this means she's brilliant. .... Until Lucas was holding her and she pointed to the Christmas tree and said "baby!" And I think she has called other things baby, as well. The picture here of Nora is from a video that I took of her, in which I was trying to get her to say "baby". I mouthed the words: baby. Baby. Baby. And then what did she do? SHE mouthed the word "baby". Brilliant! I tell you! Brilliant!

Margaret is brilliant, too. She says two words. "Do" and "due". She likes to point out to the side and declare "DO!" Or, sometimes she says it like, "Do?!" Okay, it's not really a REAL word, but it means something to her, I think. :). Another cousin of mine, Joanne, took this picture of Margaret at the Houts Family Christmas on Dec 8th.



1 comment:

  1. Ummm...finally some updates! Glad to see you guys up and blogging again!

    ReplyDelete